Chewing gum is a great way to keep your jawline tight and prevent the sagging that can happen with aging. This article will help clarify whether chewing gum aids the jawline or not. It is a common belief that chewing gum helps retain an attractive jawline as you age by keeping your face firm and preventing jowls from developing. The theory is that by tightening the muscles in your jaw, chewing gum can help prevent them from sagging as you get older.
Does Chewing Gum Help the Jawline?
Unfortunately, no. Chewing gum won’t directly help your jawline sag less, but it does have other benefits for your face and jawline. Chewing gum can help improve your posture, dental health, weight loss efforts, and mood, which can all make a difference in the way you look and feel. If you’re looking for a simple solution to saggy jawlines, chewing gum may not do the trick, but it does have other benefits that can help make a difference in your appearance.
How Does Chewing Gum Help the Jawline?
1. Chewing Gum Helps You Stay Active
For many people, when they reach their 30s, they find it harder to stay active, as they feel uncomfortable doing the same workouts they used to do in their 20s when they were more fit. When you are regularly active, your body stays more toned and slim, so it can help you prevent excess weight gain and keep your jawline slim and sleek. When you chew gum, you activate your jaw, which helps you to stay active and work out your jaw muscles. This can be a great way to get into the habit of regular exercise without feeling like a chore. It can be a great way to get the blood pumping and help you stay active without hurting your jaw.
2. Chewing Gum Helps Build Stronger Muscles
When you regularly chew gum, you are activating your jaw muscles. These are the muscles that sit around your jawline. The benefits of strengthening these muscles are twofold. First, as your jawline muscles get stronger, you can help prevent sagging skin around your jawline as you grow older. With stronger jawline muscles, you can also help to prevent your jaw from protruding, which can lead to a double chin. While double chins can be caused by genetics, jawline sag and protruding jaws can be prevented with a healthy diet, regular exercise, and strengthening jawline muscles with gum.
3. Chewing Gum Can Help Ward Off Jawline Sag
As you age, your jawline muscles naturally begin to lose strength and may sag as a result. This can be a natural part of aging and can lead to sagging skin around your jawline. As muscles are used regularly, they grow stronger, and chewing gum is a great way to keep your jawline muscles active and strong. While genetics can play a role in how quickly your muscles will begin to sag, chewing gum can be an easy and natural way to help ward off sagging skin.
4. Chewing Gum Can Help You Lose Weight
Your jawline is one of the first places where your body will store fat when you gain weight. When you chew gum, you activate the muscles in your jaw, which can prevent the jawline from storing fat. Gum chewing can also help keep your appetite in check, as chewing gum can make you feel fuller quickly. When you chew gum, your jaw stays in motion, and this can trick your brain into thinking that you are full, helping you to avoid overeating and weight gain.
5. Chewing Gum Can Make Your Breath Feel Fresh
Chewing gum can be a great way to freshen your breath. When you chew gum, you increase blood flow to the muscles in your mouth, which can help flush out toxins. This can leave your breath feeling fresh and clean. This is especially useful for those who suffer from dry mouth, which can lead to bad breath, as it can also help to increase salivation. Chewing gum can be a great way to combat dry mouth and bad breath, especially for those who are at risk, like diabetics, due to dry mouth.
6. Cherowing Gum Helps Fight Tinnitus
Tinnitus is a condition that causes sound in the ear, like a ringing noise. This can be caused by a variety of factors, including jawline tension. When you chew gum, you activate the muscles in your jaw, including the muscles around your ears, which can put pressure on the eardrums and lead to tinnitus as a result. One way to avoid this is to ensure you are chewing gum that is not too sticky, as this can put more pressure on your ears than chewing a smoother gum.
Benefits of Chewing Gum
- Helps Improve Your Posture: If you’re a frequent gum chewer, then you’re probably already aware of its ability to help improve your posture. The act of chewing gum encourages you to keep good posture, which in turn will keep your face looking younger for longer.
- Keeps Your Teeth Healthy: Chewing gum is an excellent way to promote dental health. The act of chewing stimulates saliva production, which breaks down food particles and combats plaque and bacteria that cause tooth decay.
- Hel- Helps You Lose Weight: Chewing gum can help you lose weight. Swallowing additional air while chewing gum can lead to abdominal bloating and discomfort, so it’s best to avoid it if you’re trying to lose weight.
- Helps Prevent Dry Mouth: Chewing gum can help you avoid experiencing dry mouth as you age if you’re susceptible to it. Dry mouth is often associated with medications and aging, but chewing gum can help reduce your risk of experiencing it.
- Helps Reduce Stress: Chewing gum can help reduce stress by stimulating your brain to release serotonin, the chemical responsible for your mood. This can help you stay calm and focused during hectic times even if you’re susceptible to stress
- Helps Freshen Your Breath: Chewing gum is one of the best ways to freshen your breath quickly. The act of chewing stimulates saliva production, which cleans out your mouth and neutralizes odors.
- Helps Get Your Blood Pumping: Chewing gum has been shown to increase blood flow to your brain, which can help you stay alert, focused, and awake while studying or working.
- Helps Improve Mood: Chewing gum can help improve your mood by making you more optimistic.
- Helps Improve Your Overall Health: Chewing gum can help improve your overall health, both mentally and physically.
Can Exercises Help the Jawline?
- To exercise your jawline, all you need to do is clench your teeth together. The best way to do this is to set a timer for 10 minutes and clench your teeth together throughout this period.
- If you’re struggling to feel the muscles working, place one hand on your jawline and the other on your temples and gently massage while you’re clenching.
- Exercising your jawline on a daily basis will help keep your muscles firm and youthful.
- It’s recommended to do this while you’re at work or while you’re watching TV to keep yourself from getting distracted.
Unfortunately, no. Chewing gum won’t directly help your jawline sag less, but it does have other benefits for your face and jawline. Chewing gum can help improve your posture, dental health, weight loss efforts, and mood, which can all make a difference in the way you look and feel. You can also help your jawline firm up by exercising your jawline daily.