Planet Fitness is a chain of gyms that has become very popular in recent years. They offer a no-frills approach to working out, and many people appreciate the low cost and relaxed atmosphere. But does Planet Fitness have trainers? And if so, what do they charge for their services? In this blog post, we will take a closer look at the question of whether or not Planet Fitness has personal trainers.
Does Planet Fitness Have Trainers?
Yes, they do. Planet Fitness has personal trainers to help you with your workout routine and to educate you on the right way to use the equipment. You can also attend group fitness classes or participate in one-on-one training sessions.
Do Trainers Work At Planet Fitness?
- The answer is yes. In fact, there are more trainers per capita at Planet Fitness than in any other gym chain in the world. Planet Fitness trainers are paid a base rate of $12/hour and receive additional pay based on experience and qualifications.
- A trainer’s role is one of a facilitator, not a physical trainer. The trainer’s role is to help members reach their personal fitness goals through the use of group exercise classes and personal training sessions.
- The trainers at Planet Fitness are not certified personal trainers per se, but they do have certifications in fitness instruction and group exercise classes that they can provide to members who want to get fit through these means or who seek support with weight loss or fitness goals.
- While the majority of Planet Fitness’s trainers are certified by their local gym’s respective organization, some have taken online courses that allow them to be certified by an independent third-party organization as well.
- The trainers at Planet Fitness are not certified as exercise physiologists per se, but they are certified in the same classes that a certified exercise physiologist would be.
- A trainer can be a certified personal trainer or an experienced fitness instructor who has taken online courses and passed exams to become a certified fitness instructor.
What’s The Process Of Becoming A Planet Fitness Trainer?
- Join the gym to get a membership
- Go to the front desk and ask for a membership application
- Fill out the form, including your experience and goals
- You will be given a pass that allows you to enter the gym free of charge for one day (more details below)
- You will need to pay an initiation fee of $49 before you can begin training clients or start scheduling classes. The initiation fee is waived if you have been a member of Planet Fitness in the past 6 months or if you complete 3 hours of active training within your first month as a trainer (more details below).
- Fill out your trainer application, which is available online or at any Planet Fitness location (more details below), and submit it back to the front desk with your payment. If accepted, you will then receive an email with further instructions for joining Planet Fitness and becoming a trainer there. If not, you will receive an email explaining why you were not accepted and will have until the end of your next pay period to apply again.
What Are The Benefits Of Being A Planet Fitness Trainer?
- No contracts – Members are not required to sign any long-term contracts with Planet Fitness. This means that you can cancel your membership at any time without paying a penalty. In addition, you will never be charged for canceling your membership even if you have not used a single day of the membership.
- No dues – You do not have to pay any fees at all for being a Planet Fitness trainer, which makes the gym the perfect place for people who want to start their own fitness business without having to spend too much money on equipment or supplies.
- Great training environment – The atmosphere at Planet Fitness gym is very casual and friendly, which makes it easy for trainers to build rapport with their clients and make them feel comfortable working out together. This is an especially important feature because many people are intimidated by working out in public places like gyms and fitness centers where they may feel self-conscious about their bodies or lack of physical fitness.
Are There Any Requirements To Become A Planet Fitness Trainer?
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must have a valid driver’s license and a car with a working title, model, and color.
- You must complete an online application form, which requires certain personal information (name, address, phone number, and email address). Your application will be reviewed by Planet Fitness staff and if accepted you will receive a phone call from one of their managers to schedule your first training session.
- Once you are hired as a trainer at Planet Fitness, you will have to pay for the cost of membership for yourself and your family members who are also trainers. If you choose to start training others, you will have to pay for their memberships as well as your own memberships. The cost of the membership is $39 per month plus tax for one person or $59 per month plus tax for two or more people in the same household (a family member can be someone who lives in the same house as you or someone who shares the same address as you with another person).
- You must be able to lift up to 100 pounds, perform cardio exercises, and have at least a high school diploma or GED certificate. You must also be able to maintain a minimum of two years of perfect attendance. If you have any violations or poor attendance, your membership will be suspended until it is resolved.
- Once you are hired by Planet Fitness as a trainer, it is your responsibility to make sure that your clients are aware of the gym’s policy regarding cell phones and other electronic devices during workouts. Your clients can be charged $200 if they are caught using their cell phones while working out in the gym (whether it is for personal use or texting). Your clients can also be charged $50 if they do not bring their own weights. If your client does not bring his/her weights and he/she weighs more than 300 pounds, he/ criminal record, you will not be hired as a trainer at Planet Fitness.
So, does Planet Fitness have trainers? The answer is yes and no. Depending on the location, there may be personal trainers available to help you work out. However, they are not required to be certified like other gyms. If you are looking for a certified trainer, you may want to try a different gym.