Invisalign is a popular dentist-recommended orthodontic treatment that involves the implantation of clear, lightweight incisor guards to keep them aligned with the other teeth during dental restorations. It’s an effective and affordable solution when other treatments— braces, periodontal care, and even your own willpower— don’t work. You might have heard about Invisalign since its inception in 2008; it was created by a team of dentists who lost their own teeth as patients of Dr. Jonathan Miller at the same clinic. The way Invisalign works are simple: it aligns your lower set teeth with each other using flexible brackets that are attached to your upper teeth. These brackets are then covered with two thin plastic films that glue them to your lower teeth throughout the day so they won’t accidentally shift or fall out during eating and sleeping habits. The result? Your smile stays perfect during meals, coffee breaks, and parties alike without the need for expensive orthodontics or regular trips to the dentist!
Has anyone Lost a Tooth with Invisalign?
No, I haven’t lost a tooth with Invisalign. I’m not sure how tooth loss could occur with Invisalign, but I really don’t understand how it works either.
How Does Invisalign Work?
- The Invisalign treatment is a set of clear, flexible plastic brackets that are attached to your teeth by a thin plastic film.
- The brackets are covered with two thin films that are then glued to your teeth.
- The films keep the brackets in place and allow them to move with your teeth so they’re always in the correct position.
- To begin using Invisalign, you simply wear the invisible aligners for the first 2 weeks while you get used to wearing them throughout the day (and night).
- Then, you take a week or two off from wearing them and then start wearing them again for only 4 – 5 hours per day for about 3 months until your treatment is completed!
- Once your treatment is complete, you can take it off at home and continue wearing it when you eat and sleep!
- You can finally enjoy a perfect smile without braces or any other orthodontic work!
- It’s an easy way to show off your new smile without having to worry about losing your teeth or braces!
I am very interested in Invisalign because I have never worn braces before but when I heard about this company I was very interested because I don’t want my teeth falling out all of a sudden which is why I went out and got myself some aligners so that if they fall out all of sudden my dentist won’t be able to tell right away.
What Are The Advantages Of Invisalign Over Braces?
- To begin with, Invisalign is a lot less expensive than traditional braces.
- You don’t have to worry about losing your teeth or having to wear braces all the time.
- Invisalign is gentle on your teeth and provides you with the same look as traditional braces, so you won’t stand out when meeting new people!
- You won’t need to visit your dentist as often because you don’t need to change or adjust your aligners (which are made of plastic) as often as you do with traditional braces.
- There’s no metal in Invisalign and it’s also a lot more comfortable than traditional braces because it’s much lighter and doesn’t weigh down on your mouth as metal does!
- It’s easier for younger children who may not be able to wear traditional braces yet because they have smaller mouths, so they can get started easily!
- It’s easier for young adults who may be too busy to arrange for a set of traditional braces, so they can get started easily!
- It’s easy for adults who have lost their teeth already because there are no brackets or wires that need to be fixed or adjusted throughout the day!
What Are The Disadvantage Of Invisalign Over Braces?
- The main disadvantage of Invisalign is that it takes a little longer to get adjusted and you need to wear the aligners for a longer period of time than traditional braces.
- You can’t eat food with the Invisalign which makes the aligners stick to your teeth, so you may get uncomfortable or even throw up when eating certain foods!
- To start with, you don’t have to wear Invisalign at night and instead can wear it during the day only!
- If you want to start wearing them during the night you can but it will take a little longer before your treatment is completed!
- You might have some problems with bad breath or gum irritation because the aligners are made of plastic and not metal, so they can cause bacteria in your mouth which could lead to bad breath or gum infection!
- It’s impossible for children under 8 years old to wear Invisalign because they don’t have enough room in their mouths for it not to work as well as it does on adults who have more space in their mouths for proper adjustments with traditional braces!
- You can’t wear them with a retainer because that would make it too tight and uncomfortable!
- You’ll have to wear the aligners for more than a year, so you need to be patient and follow the treatment guidelines exactly as they’re written!
How Can Choose The Right Invisalign Brackets For You?
- The best way to choose the right Invisalign brackets is to have an examination done by a dentist who can give you a proper diagnosis of your teeth and mouth so that you get the right treatment for your teeth and mouth!
- If you have the traditional braces already, then you can make use of those!
- If you have any questions about Invisalign, then please ask them on our website! We are always happy to help!
- If you don’t have any questions, then we recommend that you choose a set of Invisalign brackets from one of our trusted distributors who will be able to provide a consultation with one of our dentists during which they’ll be able to tell how well they would fit with your teeth and mouth!
Invisalign is a great alternative to traditional braces. It works by aligning your lower teeth with your upper teeth and lower teeth with lower teeth. This is achieved by using clear brackets that are attached to your upper teeth. It’s been around for 8 years, and it’s still getting better. It’s a great solution to having teeth that aren’t straight because it can be a lot easier and cheaper to get the braces removed than it is to fix them.
Q: How long do the braces last?
A: After you’ve finished your treatment, your teeth will be straight and healthy. This can take anywhere from 3 months to a year. The length of time it takes to get the best results depends on your individual case.
Q: How much does Invisalign cost?
A: The cost of Invisalign depends on where you live but it is normally less expensive than getting traditional braces. The cost of Invisalign varies from country to country, but in general, it ranges from $800 to $1000 per month. Some people are able to get their treatment paid for by their insurance companies. This is something that you should check before going ahead with your treatment.
Q: How long does it take?
A: You can have your first treatment in as little as 6 weeks or as long as 18 months depending on how quickly your teeth are moving along. The time that it takes for your teeth to move along depends on the amount of space between them and how straight they are at the moment. If they’re crooked or not straight enough, then they won’t move at all and this will cause problems later on when you’re trying to eat food properly or brush your teeth properly.