You probably don’t think about plaster walls very often. After all, there are not a lot of properties with plaster walls out there. But homes with plaster walls can be beautiful—as long as you know how to hang things on them properly. Plaster is porous and delicate, meaning that hooks or nails will leave holes that won’t go away. To hang a picture on plastered walls without damaging them or leaving any marks requires special attention to detail. The trick lies in using a piece of material that has a bit of giving. Luckily for us, we have you covered here! Read on for some great tips and tricks on How To Hang a Picture on Plaster Walls: The Ultimate Guide
Are online slots real? The answer is yes – when you play online slots, you’re playing a real game with real money, just like in a regular casino. The only difference is that you’re playing from the comfort of your own home. Online slots are run by software that produces random results, meaning each spin of the reels is completely unique. This means you can trust that the game is fair and no one is manipulating the results. Many online casinos also offer bonuses and promotions, so you can get extra rewards and boost your bankroll. Plus, online slots often have higher payouts than regular casinos. So if you’re looking for an exciting, convenient way to play slots, online casinos are definitely the way to go.
How To Hang a Picture on Plaster Wall?
Use command hooks and adhesives
Command hooks and adhesives are a great option for light items that won’t damage your walls. They work great for hanging pictures, hooks, baskets, and other lightweight items. Command hooks are also great for renters because they come off without damaging your walls. Adhesives are ideal for hanging posters and other lightweight items on your wall. They’re very inexpensive, and many of them can be removed without damaging your wall. They’re not a good option for hanging anything heavy.
Hanging wire hooks
Wire hooks are basically large nails that you can use to hang lightweight items without damaging your walls. They come in a variety of sizes, so make sure you buy the right one for your picture frame. If you are using a wire hook for a heavy picture frame, it could rip through the plaster. Wire hooks are best for small pictures, decorations or lightweight signs. They’re a good option for renters because they can be removed without damaging the wall. You can also buy a special adhesive-backed hook to hang lightweight items on a smooth surface.
Stick ‘em up with double-sided tape
A double-sided tape is a great option for hanging lightweight items on your wall. It’s not as strong as other options, so it’s best for small decorative items like posters and signs. You can find double-sided tape in many colors and patterns, making it a great option for hanging decorations. Double-sided tape works best on plastered walls because it won’t leave a mark. It’s also inexpensive and easy to apply to your wall. The double-sided tape also comes in different strengths, so you can buy the best one for your needs.
Use a hook and fastener combo
Hooks and fasteners are great for hanging lightweight items on your wall. They come in a variety of designs, so you can find one that matches your décor. You can also buy a hook and fastener set that matches your décor. Hooks and fasteners are a good option for renters because they can be easily removed without damaging the wall. You can find them in many different designs, so you can match your décor or use them to create a new look.
There’s always drywall
If your landlord will let you, you can always install drywall and then hang your wall décor on that. It is a bit of a pain, but it will be worth it in the long run. You may want to hire a professional for this project, especially if it’s your first time. Depending on the size of your wall, it can cost between $50 and $200 per sheet of drywall. This is an investment that will last you a long time. But, if you’re renting, you can always put it back the way it was when you move out. Hanging drywall is a great way to spruce up a rental. It’s a major improvement over a plain plaster wall. Plus, it can be easily removed if you have to move.
What You Will Need
A Stud finder
This is a must-have. Without a stud finder, you will not be able to find the right place to put your nail or screw. If you don’t have a stud finder, you can use a piece of paper to mark the spot.
You will need this to make sure your pictures are straight.
This is useful for putting your screws into the wall.
You will need this to mark where you need to place your screws or nails.
You will need a ruler to measure the length of the wire or rope for your pictures.
Picture hanging wire or rope
This is what you will use to actually hang your pictures.
Hanging Pictures On Plaster Walls With Dry Wall Anchors
- Drywall anchors are a quick and easy solution to hanging pictures on plaster walls. The secret here is that they are meant to be put into drywall, but they will also work on plaster walls.
- They are a great option if you are limited on time as they are very quick and easy to use. Start by measuring the length of the wire or rope that you need to hang the picture.
- Then tie the end of the wire to the hook or nail you will use to put the picture up. Take the rest of the wire and feed it through the drywall anchor until the anchor is flush with the wall. Now simply put the anchor into the wall so the hook is holding the wire against the wall.
- You can put an anchor every 12 inches or so along the wall to make sure that your pictures are evenly distributed along the wall.
- These are great because they will hold a lot of weight and they are very easy to remove if you need to take them down.
Hanging Pictures On Plaster Walls with Nails
- If you don’t have time to get a drywall anchor, you can always go with basic nails.
- The trick with nails is that you want to make sure that you are putting them into the studs of your wall. If you aren’t, you risk cracking your walls.
- If you can’t find the studs, simply use a piece of paper to mark where you need to put the nails. The first thing you need to do is find the studs. The best way to do this is by using a stud finder. You can also use a piece of paper and pencil to mark where you think the studs are.
- Once you have found the studs, put one nail in each stud about 1 inch away from the edge of the picture frame.
- Now put the picture wire or rope over the nails and pull it taught. Now put a nail in the middle of the wire and another one in the middle of the picture frame.
Hanging Pictures On Plaster Walls with Screws
- Screws are probably the best option for hanging on plaster walls, but you need to make sure to choose the right kind. You will want to choose a self-tapping drywall screw.
- A self-tapping screw has a special bit that will cut through the plaster wall. This will allow you to put the screw into the wall without having to predrill a hole (which will cause damage to the wall).
- You can use a similar procedure as with the nails. The first thing you will do is find the studs. If you can’t find the studs, you can use a piece of paper to mark where you think they are. Once you’ve found the studs, use your finger to mark where you want to put your screw about 1 inch away from the edge of the picture frame.
- Once you have your marks, take the screw and place it against the wall with the tip touching the mark that you made.
- Now take the drill and place it on the head of the screw between the wall and the screw.
- Slowly turn the drill until the screw has cut through the plaster wall and gone into the wood stud behind it. Once you have done this, put the screw into the wall where you want it and make sure it is tight.
Hanging a picture on a plaster wall is simpler than you may think. With the right tools, you can easily mount a picture on the wall. Plaster walls are fragile so you may want to avoid using nails or tacks when hanging items like posters. Instead, choose wall hooks or other mounting devices that will not leave holes or damage the wall. With these tips and tricks, you should be able to hang any picture on any wall.