Hangers are an essential part of any organized closet. Not only do they help you save space by keeping your clothes out of the way, but they also make ironing less of a chore. Hangers not only keep your clothes from falling over and wrinkling further, but they also make it easier to find what you’re looking for. Unfortunately, hangers often go ignored in the back corner of our closets. Here are some genius ways How To Hang Pants On Hanger.
How To Hang Pants On Hangers?
Try Hook Hangers
A lot of people have a lot of pants. If you have tons of pants, you might want to consider switching from standard hangers to hook hangers. Hook hangers are great for a couple of reasons. First, they’re designed to hold multiple pants per hanger. If you have a lot of pants, this will let you store more pants per hanger than you could with a normal hanger. Hooks also save you space because they don’t take up as much room as a standard hanger. This means you can fit more pants per closet rod, or you can fit more hangers in a smaller closet and still have plenty of room. While hook hangers will cost you a little more than a standard hanger, they’re worth the investment if you have a large number of pants and/or a small closet.
It’s a good idea to rotate your hangers so that you can wear the clothes that are on the back. This will help you make the most of your closet space. There are hangers that have numbers or letters on them, so you can easily rotate your clothes back and forth. Simply move the hangers so the ones on the back are now on the front. This will allow you to wear all of your clothes while keeping them organized and not taking up too much space in your closet.
Use Shoe Organizers
If your pants are all on hangers, you can add a shoe organizer to the closet to increase your storage capacity. You can use the top shelf for pants that are on hangers, and you can place all of your shoes on the lower shelves. This will allow you to double the amount of clothing you can store in your closet. You can also purchase shoe racks that have hooks on the side to hold your pants. This will give you more space for your shoes and your pants.
Place Pants in Drawers
If you use all hangers for your pants, you might want to consider placing some of them in drawers. This will help you make the most of your space and organize your closet better. For example, if you have pants of different colors, placing them in drawers can help you organize your closet so that you can find what you’re looking for faster. This is especially helpful if you have a small closet or limited space.
Install Hooked Shirts Organizer
If you have a lot of shirts, you can save space in your closet by installing a hooked shirts organizer. This will help you make the most of your closet space, and you’ll be able to store more shirts on each rack. This is a great option for people with smaller closets who need to maximize their storage capacity.
What You’ll Need?
- Pants: Make sure you’re hanging clean, unwrinkled pants. For best results, avoid hanging clothes that have been worn recently. This can leave marks that can transfer onto other garments.
- Hangers: Choose the right hangers for your pants. Wooden hangers work best for heavier pants like chinos and jeans.
- Hooks: If you want to remove wrinkles from your pants or if you don’t have enough hangers to hang them all, consider pants hooks. Hooks work best with slacks, trousers, and dress pants. They help keep the pant leg from sliding down and are great for storing pants that don’t need to be hung.
What Type Of Hanger Is Best For Pants?
- As previously mentioned, pants require a more sturdy hanger. If your pants are hung on flimsy hangers, the garment may stretch and break down faster.
- Hang heavier pants on heavier wooden hangers. Avoid using flimsy plastic hangers with pants as well.
- If you have to use plastic, opt for thicker plastic hangers. For slacks, trousers, and dress pants, wooden or wooden-based hangers are ideal.
- You can also use a heavy-duty plastic hanger if you have slacks that may stain or tear on wooden hangers.
How To Hang Dropped Waist Pants?
Hanging with a belt
Hanging dropped-waist pants with a belt is one of the easiest ways to go about it. Just make sure that the belt you’re hanging them with blends in with the rest of your outfit. You can do this by either choosing a belt that matches your pants or belt accessories like a leather belt clip or a metal buckle. First, pull the pants up around your waist. Then, wrap the belt around the outside of your hips and buckle it in the back, just above your hips. This will pull the pants up higher, visually making your legs appear longer. You can also try tucking the belt into the pants to create a new, interesting silhouette.
Hanging using a shaper
If you have a shaper that you like to wear as part of your outfit, you can use it to hang dropped-waist pants. This is a good option if you don’t have a belt or any other belt accessory you can use to hang the pants. Choose a shaper that has an adjustable hook-and-eye closure at the top. Once you’re wearing the shaper, wrap the waistband of the pants around the closure, then use the hook-and-eye to secure the pants to the shaper. This will pull the pants up high, making them appear sleek and slimming.
Hanging using a cloth hanger
If you don’t have anything to hang dropped-waist pants with, don’t worry. You can use a regular cloth hanger to do the job! All you have to do is place the pants on the hanger with the inside of the pants facing outward. Once the pants are on the hanger, lean the hanger against the back of a door to keep the pants from sliding down. This is a great way to hang dropped-waist pants if you’re in a hotel room or if you’re traveling and don’t have anything else to hang them with.
The Pros Of Hanging Your Pants
- If you have a dry cleaning and/or a pressing service, hanging your pants will let you keep them in great condition for longer.
- That’s because hanging your pants helps prevent creases in the fabric, which allows them to remain wrinkle-free for much longer.
- This means you can wear your pants more frequently without them looking less sharp due to wrinkles. Hanging your pants also makes it easier to find the pair you want to wear.
- You don’t have to rummage through stacks of folded pants to find the one you’re looking for.
- If you wear suits, hanging them on hangers keeps the jacket and the pants together. This makes it easier to store them, and you can keep them together when you travel.
The Cons Of Hanging Your Pants
- Hanging your plants can damage them over time, although it’s possible for you to minimize this risk. Generally, the heavier the fabric, the quicker the damage.
- Pants made out of cotton or linen will last longer when folded rather than hanging.
- Other materials, such as silk, should almost always be hung. The weight of the pants is not the only factor, though.
- The way the pants are hung will also play a role in how quickly they get damaged.
- If you’re hanging lightweight pants, avoid putting them on a wooden or plastic hanger.
- Instead, use a hanger made of a material that won’t rub against the fabric and cause premature wear and tear.
- Shoes can also rub against the fabric, which is why many people avoid hanging their heavier pants using a hanger with a shoe clip.
Hanging is one of the best ways to protect your clothes. It’s also one of the most overlooked closet organization methods. Whether you’re storing a few shirts or a full wardrobe, correct hanger usage will help you maximize space, keep garments fresh, and protect them from damage. Follow this step-by-step guide on how to hang pants with hangers and maximize your closet organization.