When you can’t sleep, the most natural thing to do is to find a place that’s comfortable and relaxing there. However, some of us don’t have that option. Perhaps your roommates won’t be happy if you take over the living room to relax in it, or maybe you live in a dorm and need something more personal than a common area. What do you do when you just can’t sleep? Simple. You make your bed look like a couch… If you want to make your bed look like a couch, but can’t get away with it, read on for some useful tips. Without further ado, here are ways how to make your bed look like a couch when you just can’t sleep:
How To Make A Bed Look Like A Couch
If you want your bed to look like a couch, you don’t need to buy a couch or go for the most expensive one. You can just use a pillow instead. If you have an extra pillow lying around, put it on top of your bed instead of under it. This will make your bed look like a couch and give you the best of both worlds!
2. Throw Blanket
If you don’t have a pillow, then consider using a blanket as well. A blanket makes the perfect substitute for pillows and is way more comfortable than an off-the-rack couch pillow cover anyway! Just get one that’s big enough and lie down on it in bed so that it resembles an armrest. You can also cover your head with the blanket if that makes you feel comfier.
If you want to make your bed look like a couch, but don’t have a pillow or blanket, consider using a pillowcase. This is an easy way out of the problem and is also a cheap and effective method. All you need to do is cut the top part of the pillowcase so that it resembles a couch. Then just put it at the foot of your bed.
4. Pillow Shams
If you’re still having trouble with your bed looking like a couch, then consider buying a set of pillow shams. Shams are decorative pillows that are usually made out of fabric and come in different patterns and designs. They also have pillowcases attached to them. If you buy the shams, you can simply buy pillowcases for them and use them to make your bed look like a couch.
5. Pillow Covers
If you want to make your bed look like a couch but don’t have any of the above options, then consider buying some pillow covers instead! This is yet another easy way to achieve the same goal without spending too much on it. All you need to do is buy some decorative pillow covers online or in a store and put them on top of your bed as if they were armrests.
Decorate Your Bed And Window
- First, decorate your bed. You can choose to use blankets and sheets to make it look like a couch, or you can use pillows and bedding that is more suitable for a couch. If you have enough pillows, you can even stack them up in the middle of your bed.
- Next, decorate your window. You can paint the window with a shade of color that matches the color of your bedding, or you can buy curtains that are made with the same shade of color as your bedding.
- The most important thing is to make sure that you sleep on top of the covers! Remove any blankets and sheets from underneath your body so that they won’t be mistaken for couch cushions when you sleep on top of them!
- Don’t forget to turn off all lights in your room before going to bed! This will ensure that no one will see through your window while sleeping!
Lay Down Some Fluffy Rugs
- You’ll need some sort of rug or area rug to lay down on your bed. The best ones are those that are fluffy and plush. You don’t want anything too thick, because you don’t want to get stuck under it when you fall asleep.
- Lay down the rugs on your bed and make sure they’re not too thick. If you can feel them under you, they’re too thick.
- Put pillows in the shape of a couch
- You can use pillows for both sides of your bed if you have a twin-sized bed or even more than one pillow if you have a king-sized bed (or queen-sized bed). Make sure the pillows are all in the same shape and size so they look like cushions in front of a couch (or on a sofa).
- Don’t forget to put blankets over the pillows!
Roll Out A Yoga Mat And Use A Beanie As A Pillow
- Roll out a yoga mat and put a beanie on top of it. This is the most comfortable way to make your bed look like a couch when you just can’t sleep.
- If you don’t have a beanie, use an extra pillow to put underneath your head. You will not only feel cozy but also stay cool as well.
- Just like the beanie, you can also use a scarf to create the effect of a couch cushion.
- The next step is to put some pillows on the mat, and feel your bed like a couch all over again!
Hang Up Some Colorful Curtains
- The first way to make your bed look like a couch is by using curtains. Hang up some colorful curtains to cover the headboard of your bed and make it more like a couch. You can choose any color you want, but try to avoid too many colorful items in your room so that you don’t get confused with the theme of your room.
- If you have a headboard, use an eyelet or flowery curtain rod to hang your curtains from the top of it. It will add warmth and a casual feel to the room.
- Instead of using curtains, if you don’t have a headboard or if you want to keep things simple, consider hanging some decorative pillows from above as shown in below image:
- Another option is using sheets instead of curtains using them as drapes by hanging them on the sides of your bed as shown below:
- If you’re not sure how long it will take for people to realize that your bed is not a couch, you can use a comforter to cover it. It will make it look like a couch with an overly large bed.
- If none of the above options work for you, consider the idea of making your bed like a couch and sleeping on the floor. It will make you look lazy, but at least you’ll be comfortable
Making your bed look like a couch when you can’t sleep is a great way to relax and unwind at the end of a stressful day. It can help you get the rest you need, and it can also be a fun way to spend time if you’re bored. If you want to make your bed look like a couch, try using any of these tips. They’re simple, and they’re sure to help you relax and unwind at the end of a long day.