If you’ve got a gas stove or an electric range with a smooth glass or ceramic top, you know how easy it is to cook on them. Not only do they look modern and sleek, but they’re also very easy to clean. However, there are times when the top gets stuck-on food, such as splatters from frying something earlier, or spills that are hard to see. This article will give you some great tips on how to clean a ceramic stove top so that it stays clean all the time.
How To Clean A Ceramic Stove Top?
When trying to clean your stovetop, don’t forget to clean the water. The build-up of minerals within the water can leave a white residue on your ceramic stove top, which will be very difficult to remove. Boil the water before you use it for cleaning to prevent this from happening. If you have a gas stove, the burner heads will need cleaning too. Use a wet paper towel to wipe down the burner heads. If the burner heads are too dirty to wipe off with a paper towel, use a sponge or dishcloth with water and dish soap.
Use A Ceramic Stove Top Scraper
A ceramic stove top scraper is specifically designed to clean your stovetop without causing damage. Ceramic is a soft material, but that doesn’t mean it’s immune to scratches and marks. Scraping off spills, crumbs, and other debris that has hardened on your stovetop will help you improve its appearance, and reduce the risk of it becoming stained in the future. A ceramic stovetop scraper is perfect for removing dried-on food, crumbs, and other debris that’s baked onto the surface of your stovetop. When using a ceramic stove top scraper, always remember to face the blade away from the ceramic surface. If you find that you need to use water to remove stubborn debris, use a sponge or cloth so you don’t risk scratching the surface. Using water that is too hot can also cause damage, so always ensure it is lukewarm.
Wash With Baking Soda
Baking soda is a cheap and effective cleaner that can be used on almost every part of your stovetop. When used with a sponge or soft cloth, baking soda will help lift dirt and grease from the surface of your stovetop. If your stovetop is especially dirty, you may want to use baking soda mixed with water to create a more effective cleaning solution. If you want to clean your stovetop as quickly and efficiently as possible, you can use a microfiber cloth to wipe away the excess baking soda. Microfiber cloths are great for cleaning a variety of different materials, including glass, stainless steel, and ceramic.
Use A Grease-Fighting Dish Detergent
If you’re cleaning a ceramic stove top that is especially dirty, you may want to use a dish soap that is specifically designed to tackle grease and grime. Dish soaps with grease-fighting properties have been specially formulated to clean heavy kitchen messes quickly and efficiently. Dish soaps are designed to remove stubborn food particles and grease stains from ceramic stovetops. Always ensure you dilute the dish soap with water before using it. Using a dish soap without water can cause damage to the surface of your stovetop.
Use A Solid Surface Spray
If your stovetop is covered in stubborn grease and food stains, you may want to consider using a solid surface spray. Solid surface sprays are specially designed to clean ceramic and other hard surfaces. These sprays are usually made from a blend of strong cleaning agents, making them ideal for more challenging cleaning jobs. Using a solid surface spray will help remove stubborn grease stains from your stove top with ease. The spray works best when applied to a sponge or soft cloth, so you can easily wipe away the grease from the surface of your stovetop.
What You’ll Need To Clean A Ceramic Stovetop?
- A cleaning solution – Carefully choose a cleaning product that’s meant for ceramic stovetops. Some are much stronger than others, but you’ll need something that can cut through the stuck-on food on your stovetop.
- A damp sponge or scrubber – You can use this to clean any spills or splatters that are on your stovetop.
- Rubber gloves – These are an essential part of cleaning any surface, but especially if you’re using a cleaning product that’s strong enough to cut through stuck-on food.
- A Comet scratch-free scrubber – This scrubber has been specially designed to clean ceramic stove tops without any scratches or marks.
- Bleach – Bleach is a strong cleaning product, but it’s also very effective on ceramic stovetops.
Why Clean A Ceramic Stove Top?
A Clean Stove Top Is Safer To Use
A dirty stovetop can be a breeding ground for bacteria. This can lead to a big problem when you’re cooking on it as you risk food poisoning. When cooking, you need to make sure that your stovetop is dry. If there are grime and grease on the surface, this can affect the heat distribution as well as the temperature settings. This means you are at risk of burning yourself, especially if you are using an induction cooker.
Your Stove Will Last Longer
A dirty stove top can affect the lifespan of your stove. Excess grease and grime on the surface can lead to corrosion. Over time, the accumulation of dirt can even lead to rusting of the parts. When you are cleaning the stovetop, you need to make sure that you do not use too much water. This is because water can damage your stove. Your stove top is one of the most used appliances in your kitchen. This means it is also one of the dirtiest. The constant flow of steam and fat deposits can cause a buildup of grime on the surface. This can be a breeding ground for harmful microorganisms. You need to clean your stove top regularly to avoid a buildup of bacteria.
You’ll Smell Better Food When You’re Cooking
It’s not just for safety reasons that you should be cleaning your stove top regularly. You will also notice a better smell when you are cooking. Imagine cooking with an unclean stove top. Your food will not only look unappetizing but will smell bad as well. A clean stove top will not only make your food taste better but will make the whole kitchen look much cleaner. You will also be able to see the difference in how long your food will take to cook. The amount of time that food takes to cook is dependent on a number of factors. One of these is the condition of your stovetop. If your stovetop is clean and free from dirt, fat, and grease, your food will cook more quickly.
How To Use The Scratch-Free Scrubber?
- Start by filling a sink with a cleaning solution.
- You can use soap or a cleaning product, but make sure it’s not too strong.
- You can also use warm water, which is great at cutting through the stuck-on food that’s on your stovetop.
- Next, take your scrubber and use it to clean your stovetop.
- Make sure to use even strokes and wash your scrubber after each use.
- The last thing you want is to cause scratches on your stovetop.
How To Use Comet And Bleach?
- Start by mixing up your cleaning products and adding a little bleach to the solution.
- Make sure you wear your gloves and then pour the solution onto your stovetop.
- Let it sit for a few minutes, but make sure you don’t leave it on there for too long. Then, pour some cold water over the area to rinse away the mixture.
- You can also use a sponge to clean the residue off.
- You may have to repeat this a few times, so make sure you have enough cleaning products and patience.
This article has given you a few different tips and tricks on how to clean a ceramic stove top. However, these are just general cleaning tips that you can apply to any smooth surface. The most important thing to remember is to use the right cleaning product for your stovetop and to make sure that you follow the instructions on the packaging. If you follow these tips and keep your stovetop clean, it’s sure to last you for many years to com