In the world of hair, there are many rules and etiquette. From when to oil your strands, what kind of oils to use, how often you should clean your hair, and even what kind of brush you can use. But one question we’d love to answer: Can you straighten wet hair? And is it better to blow-dry or wet-set your tresses? Let’s talk about these two methods and reveal everything insider secrets!
Can You Straighten Wet Hair?
Dry hair is a lot easier to deal with than wet hair. Wet hair tends to have a lot of static in it, and that makes it difficult to comb. Dry hair is more manageable than wet hair, and it also tends to not have as much static in it, so combing becomes easier. The problem with dry hair is that it’s hard to get the style you want out of it. You can’t run your fingers through your hair or pull any of the strands back into place. It’s also very fragile and easily tangled. But if you can get dry hair straightened, then you can achieve a style that looks good for a few days at least until your next wash day.
What Is A Wet Set?
A wet set is a type of curling method in which you wet your hair before wrapping it around a curler. The idea is to make your hair appear straight while it’s still wet, then allow it to dry naturally. This method is often used in Asian hair salons and is much gentler on your hair compared to a traditional iron-curling method. If you choose to do a wet set, here’s what you do: First, section off your hair. Then, apply a detangling solution (like a leave-in conditioner) to your hair. Next, wet your hair with lukewarm water, then comb it out. Use a wide-tooth comb to help detangle your hair when it’s wet. Wrap your hair around a curler and let it air dry.
Blow-Drying And Its Benefits
- You can opt for a messy bun, a braid, or a ponytail. They are effortless styles that look great on any hair length or texture. And best of all, they do not require too much time or effort to create. You can use a quick hair trick or go for a sleek updo to make the look more dramatic.
- You can get a quick dry for the perfect hairstyle. You can do your hair with water, then use a blow dryer to style it. This is a great way to stop frizzy hair from getting worse.
- Blow-drying is a great alternative to straightening hair with heat. You can create many different hairstyles with this method, but you need to be careful when using it on your hair that has natural waves or curls in it.
- It saves time and money as you are not going to have the hassle of using an iron or curling iron on your hair every day.
- It prevents damage done by heat-styling tools such as flat irons, hot rollers, and curling irons that most people use on their hair.
- It’s a very good way to save on your styling budget as you can use a blow dryer for your hair whenever you need to.
- It saves the environment since it doesn’t involve using heat-styling tools such as blow dryers or straightening irons.
- It helps your hair look healthy and shiny.
- If you are going to be doing any traveling, this is the best time to get rid of those frizzy locks of yours with a quick blow-dry style!
- Blow drying can also be used in place of regular styling if you want to give your hair an instant boost of volume, a change in texture, or just want to make it look more sleek and polished for an event or date night out!
How To Dry Your Hair With A Blow Dryer?
- Place the dryer approximately 12 inches away from your hair and start drying it from the roots to the very tips. You can also try wrapping your hair around hot rollers before blowing drying. Hot rollers will help to relax your curls and reduce frizz as well.
- If you are using a round brush, try brushing your hair with it first. This will help to remove some of the humidity from your hair.
- You can also use a blow dryer with ventilating holes in it to help dry your hair faster.
- If you want to add some volume to your hair, you can use a curling iron or curling wand.
- You can also try using an air dryer and diffuser attachment to speed up the process of drying your hair and reduce frizz.
- If you do not want to use a blow dryer, try using a hair dryer with ventilating holes at the back.
- You can also use a hair dryer with ventilating holes at the front.
- If you have curly hair, you can also try using a diffuser attachment to help distribute the air evenly around your hair.
- If you have very curly hair, you can try using a hooded dryer and diffuser attachment to help distribute the air evenly around your hair.
- If you are in a hurry to dry your hair, use the cool setting on your blow dryer.
- You can also use a diffuser attachment for a faster drying time.
- When you are done drying your hair, make sure that all of the moisture is gone from it first with a towel or hair drier before applying mousse or styling products on it.
Best Ways To Straighten Wet Hair
- Use a large round brush to separate your hair into sections.
- Start with the sections closest to your roots, then work your way down to the ends, giving each section a gentle tug as you go.
- Blow-dry from mid-lengths to ends, then brush through with a wide-tooth comb and let it air dry naturally.
- If you’re short on time, try this quick trick: Grab a small section of hair at the roots and blow dry it straight, then move on to the next section until all of your hair is straightened.
- Use a wide-tooth comb or boar bristle brush to help push out any stubborn tangles before you begin blow drying.
- To make sure all of your locks are completely dry before styling them, use a diffuser attachment during drying if possible (this will help distribute heat evenly throughout your hair). If not, use an anti-humectant spray or leave-in conditioner to help seal in the moisture.
- If you’re on a budget, try this quick fix: Dampen your hair with a spray bottle before blow-drying it.
- A smarter way to style wet hair is to use a diffuser attachment during drying, then finish with a round brush and/or flat iron to add extra volume and texture.
There are many rules and etiquette in the world of hair. From when to oil your strands, what kind of oils to use, how often you should clean your hair, and even what kind of brush you can use. One question we’d love to answer: Can you straighten wet hair? And is it better to blow-dry or wet-set your tresses? Let’s talk about these two methods and reveal everything insider secrets! In the end, a blow-dry is the quickest method for drying your hair. However, it might not be the best option, as it can cause damage to your hair if done incorrectly. On the other hand, a wet set is a gentler method, suitable for Asian hair types.